At The Grommet, we truly believe that every purchase is an act of citizenship. That's why we launch undiscovered products and help them succeed. Our Grommets aren't just things. Grommets are products with a purpose invented by people with stories. Browse our Citizens Gallery to learn about these ideas or post your own. Buy differently.
The Grommet Experience
We launch undiscovered products and help them succeed; we call them Grommets. Grommets aren't just things. Grommets are products with a purpose invented by people with stories. We tell their story better than anyone can.
The Grommet Success Stories
Here are just a few examples of how some of our favorite Grommets have turned really great ideas into smashing successes.
Establish New Markets & Create New Demand
- Back to the Roots These Grow-Your-Own Mushroom kits take root in 100% recycled coffee grounds and are beloved by famed chefs, locavores, and curious kids.
- Sugru The moldable, self-setting rubber extends the lives of everyday objects and can be used as a hardware & electronics hack.
- Silpoura The slip-on spout & detachable strainer is indispensable for cooking & baking, eco-conscious grease disposal, and even pouring paint.
Generate Nationwide Brand Awareness
- Zipbuds The tangle-free earbuds were featured in The New York Times and Better Homes & Gardens - and Today and The Ellen DeGeneres Show.
- Vinni Bag Readers in Forbes and the Boston Globe loved this eco-friendly bag designed to protect wine, liquids, and other fragile items while traveling.
- Gleener The Ultimate Fuzz Removal Tool was cast in the ultimate Hollywood gift bag at the Academy Awards.
Foster Commitment to Social Good
- Waka Waka For every purchase of this versatile solar-powered LED lamp, one is donated to Syrian refugees through the Dutch Refugee Foundation.
- Haiti Projects Sarah Hackett’s Haiti Projects nightgown is 100% produced by Haitian artisan women, enabling them to earn fair wages for their craft.
- THRIVE Farmer's Coffee Enabling farmers to help rewrite the economics of coffee, THRIVE has been championed by The New York Times and sustainability-minded coffee-lovers.
Facilitate Retail Partnerships
- Malpaca Within 10 minutes of launch, four major retailers inquired about these 100% organic alpaca pillows.
- Better Basket The lightweight-yet-durable mesh basket with partitions is perfect for laundry and more - now on sale at several major home stores.
- Cookina The Grommet video about this non-stick, flexible cooking mat helped secure distribution across the U.S. & Canada.
Our Trusted Affilaites ProgramLearn More
Hear What Our Makers Are Saying
Become a Grommet
Please join us and submit your product here.