At The Grommet, we truly believe that every purchase is an act of citizenship. That's why we launch undiscovered products and help them succeed. Our Grommets aren't just things. Grommets are products with a purpose invented by people with stories. Browse our Citizens Gallery to learn about these ideas or post your own. Buy differently.
Fenway Park, March 19, 2013
- 10 teams were invited to show up with their product ideas
- We posed a series of business challenges
- They had 3 hours and Google Apps to craft responses
- The teams each pitched their product and responses to a panel of business leaders and VCs
The winning team was THINX, underwear that says they are fashion intersecting with technology to solve a global problem.
- THINX will bring their product to market with the help of a Daily Grommet product launch team and support from eight other great prize sponsors including Indiegogo, PRNewswire, MassChallenge, Shipwire, General Assembly, Grasshopper, Workbar and IdeaPaint
- Have their journey chronicled by Boston.com
- Launch on Daily Grommet
Each of the ten final teams endured a day of business challenges, judged by a panel of experts in the design, media and venture capital worlds. At the end of the day, there was one winner, a runnerup and a "social" winner. THINX, underwear that says they are fashion intersecting with technology to solve a global problem was the winner. Second was Froggelz Goggles, comfortable swim goggles for kids. The social winner, who received the most votes on Facebook was eight year old Max Ash of MAX'IS Creations a mug with a basketball hoop attached.
The Daily Grommet team was so impressed by all the teams and had trouble choosing just one. All teams will go on to create an Indiegogo profile and you can follow their campaigns and entrepreneurial journeys on our blog. Sad you missed the event? Read more about the winner and see videos from our exclusive media partner, Boston.com during the event and behind the scenes footage of each team.
Watch video from the entire event: