The Grommet is the birthplace of Citizen Commerce™
We believe every purchase amplifies something in the world, good, bad or indifferent. At the Grommet we're creating a place for people who want their purchases to have meaning -- to support what matters most to them: whether it's technical innovation, green or social enterprises, the creation of jobs, domestic manufacturing, or the preservation of craft.
And we're rethinking the way people fundamentally launch, discover, share, influence and buy these kinds of products online. Given that our consumer purchases represent 65% of the US economy, that's a pretty powerful place to start changing the world.
How you can be actively part of Citizen Commerce™:
- Send us your Grommet ideas. We look carefully at every submission.
- Tell us about products you love ... or products you want to support. Reach us on Twitter and Facebook
- Follow our Citizen Commerce™ story and tell us yours. Get our daily email if you’d rather we come straight to you.
- Transfer 10% (or more!) of your purchases to locally-owned shops, and to online products that directly support your values
- Read more about Citizen Commerce™ on the the Grommet Blog and on our founder Jules' blog.