Getting ready to send a loved one off to college? We've invited Madeline, from Uscoop.com to share some decorating tips and ideas with us (plus they have a cool giveaway going on, check it out!).
by Madeline Moore
September, Jocelyn and I launched Uscoop for the college market back in January, in hopes of creating a platform for students to inspire other students through pictures in our “Campus Style Watch” and “Campus Cribs” and sections of the website. Our goal was to exhibit trends happening on campuses across the country relating to dorm décor and style so that we could curate students’ shopping needs with relevant deals on online brands. By working closely with 50 campus reps who provide us with pictures and content, we are now able to tell students what’s hot and let them get the featured look at a discount.
Moms, we know back to school time means bonding with your kids over duvet covers, lamp shades and other dorm accessories, so if you’re looking to shop for your kids dorm and want them to be up to date with hot dorm room trends, take notes from our findings below!
Top 5 Dorm Room Trends:
1. Decorative String Lights are a must for guys and girls to add a little ambiance to a room at an affordable cost. For a girl’s room, we especially love the lights with little white paper lanterns. (Partylights.com)
2. For a guy or gal, big Block Letters or Wall Monograms in your child’s Initials are the best way to spruce up empty wall space (Anthropologie; Dabneyleehome.com)
3. Organized Chaos; With such a small room it’s important to have a place for everything and with the colorful jewelry or athletic gear these days it’s easy to turn your everyday stuff into fun dorm accessories. Girls display their bobbles on jewelry stands and tennis rackets on the walls, while guys can put their skate boards and baseball hats on hooks on the walls. (PBTeen.com)
4. T-Shirt Blankets; Send your kids to school with all the memories they need right on their bed. We love these quilts, because it allows you to hold on to and display all the championship and travel t-shirts without collecting dust in storage bins. (CampusQuilts.com)
5. Colorful Bedding; this isn’t a new revelation, but what’s still very much in these days is colorful bold bedding that acts as a centerpiece for the rest of your room and allows your child to distinguish their style and personality from all the other undergads. (serenaandlily.com; anthropologie.com; pbteen.com)
We hope the tips above help you decorate in style. We also ahave some exciting news: In order to help you navigate the expensive and chaotic world of decorating your child’s dorm room we have come up with a week of exclusive discounted dorm décor offers and giveaways. Today, we are launching a sweepstakes sponsored by Serena and Lily where students can enter to win 2 dream dorm rooms.
We staged two dorm rooms at UPenn for a guy and a girl, with the giveaway package as the focus to position the product for college students. We love this line of bedding and home accessories and know all the students will too!
Why is Serena & Lily the perfect bedding for college living?
1. The beautifully patterned sheets and duvets will brighten up any dorm room.
2. The sheets and duvets are some of the softest we’ve slept on.
3. The multiple color options make it easy to coordinate with a roommate.
5. It’s 50% OFF on Uscoop! Buy a $100 e-voucher on Uscoop worth $200 on SerenaandLily.com starting Monday, July18th and choose from tons of awesome bedding, furniture and dorm accessories to furnish your child’s entire dorm room!
For more details on this sweepstakes and more college dorm decor ideas, visit Madeline and the crew over at Uscoop.com.