Keys to providing the best housewarming gifts
It's an exciting, momentous occasion when someone gets a new place, whether they’re buying a new home or getting their first place as a married couple. There's no better time to show your joy and happiness for someone than by giving them a housewarming gift. There are all kinds of routes you can take, from providing something useful to thoughtful.
What to get the new homeowner who has it all
- Gifts for the kitchen: The kitchen is the heart of the home, so offering gifts for the kitchen is a classic way to go for housewarming parties. Offer the new home dwellers something they can use in their kitchen like silicone butter and cheese savers or a set of oil sprayers.
- Unique handmade gifts: Offer a special gift for the new home with unique handmade gifts, like a beautiful candle or a wooden bowl to house yarn and other crafty items.
- Gifts made for a lifetime: Hopefully, the new home will bring a lifetime's worth of memories, so gifts for a lifetime work well. Copper mantle sculptures, a steel wok, or even a copper rain chain are good examples.
Not everyone moving into a new place is starting from scratch. Some seem to already have everything from kitchen necessities to decor. In these situations, it can be more difficult to pick unique housewarming gifts. You really can't go wrong with personalized gifts
. For example, surprise them with a customized set of stemless wine glasses or a just-for-them map puzzle to help the new home dwellers always remember where they came from.
Share your enthusiasm about the new home in a card
It can be incredibly exciting to see someone you care about getting into a new home of their own. However, finding the right words to jot on a card or note along with your gift can be a bit of a challenge. A few good messages you could use as a starting point include:
Here are some unique gifts by price:
Gifts under $25
Gifts under $50
Gifts under $75
Gifts under $100
Gifts under $200
Gifts under $500
Gifts For The Home
Natural & Eco-Friendly Gifts
- "Congrats on your new home and hope it's a place for many good memories to come."
- "They say home is where the heart is—hopefully, you find lots of ways to share the love here!"
- "Many wishes for lots of years of laughter, memories, and happiness in your new home."