Compact Cheese Humidor
The compact cheese humidor is an at-home way to store special cheeses in ideal conditions. Built with bamboo shelving and a clay brick for humidity control, its vaulted ceiling promotes optimal airflow that helps keep up to one pound of cheese tasting fresh.
- Made in East Durham, New York
- Instructions: Submerge the clay brick humidifier in water for 2 minutes once every 3 weeks. Place the clay brick humidifier in the base of the Compact Cheese Humidor to prime it for unwrapped cheese. Stores up to 1 pound of cheese (2 to 3 wedges). Different styles of cheese can be stored inside at the same time. Leave 0.5 to 1 inch of space in between styles. Smaller pieces of cheese require more humidity because they have more faces that can oxidize or dry out, so replenish the brick more frequently if you have only tiny pieces of cheese left
- Great for all types of cheese except for those that should be stored in a brine i.e. mozzarella and feta
- Magnetic assembly of Compact Cheese Humidor makes it simple to put together
- When it's under 70Àö Fahrenheit, store on the kitchen counter. When it's warmer, store in the fridge. When not in use, pieces can be taken apart for convenient storage
- Please note: Recommended to store at refrigeration temperature when storing for long periods of time. For 7 to 10 days, you can store the cheese in the Compact Cheese Humidor when it's under 70Àö Fahrenheit. Wood has the potential to harbor bacteria and pathogens if not cleaned properly and regularly